Captain America and the Boy from Brazil

An interactive forum that focuses on DC and Marvel like superheroes...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus, WoH Coordinators

Halcyon508

Captain America and the Boy from Brazil

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max paced a bit outside the office. The results were coming in. It sucked, and it was unfair but it was what had to be done. Some white boy was good at sports and suddenly there were batteries of tests and media attention. No one cared about him, no one cared that a competition athlete was found to be nearly three years too old, or that another was taking steroids. Of course not, they were all minorities, and what else could you expect from a group of dirty mongrels? Taking a deep breath he repented those thoughts. That was his mother speaking not him. He didn’t care about the race ethnicity or creed of a person as long as they were good and honorable. That is what Captain America would say. Not that how he was being treated was right though.

Looking over at the stand in the waiting room Max sat his own picture. “Maximilian Victor Prince.” The headline read, “Golden boy of Sport.” Next to it he saw a more recent issue of the same sports Magazine, “Max Prince, Mutant or Sports Hero?” it read as if being a mutant was something so heinous that it excluded one from possibly cutting a heroic image. It was the same sort of propaganda his mother had fed him.

As if on cue his mother spoke. “Don’t believe that propaganda honey. You know the type that run the press.”

“While your attempt at covert racism is humbling mother I bet if you looked into that magazine you’ll find that a middle aged white protestant wrote it.” Max spoke.

The doctor walked out of the door. He was a black doctor, a professor at Empire State University. In addition to medicine he was also fluent in the language of genetics. The man had determined ways of testing for mutation and superhuman attributes that no others knew. After all the drug tests and genetic screenings had come back negative the higher ups picked the foremost authority on superhuman genetics to answer the big question; was Max human?

“I think I have good news.” The Doctor said.

“Is my son normal?” his mother asked running forward. “He’s a human being right?” she continued.

The doctor opened his mouth with an expression that Max knew was a retort to the anti-mutant sentiment. Max shook his head upset with his mother. “He’s a human being, one hundred percent human.” He added to emphasize his point. Yeah Max liked Doctor Franklin “Your son is an amazing young boy miss.”

“Oh I knew that. He’s perfect.” Max rolled his eyes at the comment, “Thank so much doctor.” Max and his mother stepped out of the doctors office. Everything was clear. “They can’t take your awards away now honey, and they have to let you compete in the Olympics. Your officially a natural treasure.”

“And if I was a mutant I wouldn’t be?” He said. The boy loved his mother, but she annoyed him. “And what would you have done if I was a mutant?” the press had sighted him and began to surround him.

“Oh honey it’s not like that.” She said softly to her son. “Even if you were a mutant.” She said loudly so the media could hear as they approached. “It wouldn’t have mattered to me or anyone else!” the beauty pageant winner spoke. Several cameras’s popped flashes in their direction as reporters wrote down the quote.

Max was about to open his mouth when another flash blinded him. He shut his eyes hard and then his ears popped. He opened his eyes and peered on the scene. There was smoke and fire surrounding him. Fire raged around him. “What happened.” He said, but no one could hear. “Mom?” he looked around and couldn’t find her standing. People were darting away from the scene trying to find some sort of cover. Several men in green and yellow descended upon him. Each wore an H in yellow on their chest and, more importantly, each held a gun. Bullets fired away into the crowd of people as another explosion ripped through the street. Max turned and saw a car blow up, they were locked in no way to escape with their car. The boy once again searched for his mother and found her on the ground, surrounded by a pool of blood. He kneeled down and felt her pulse quickly and desperately. She was alive. “Thank god.” He said aloud.

A strange looking Helicopter shot overhead as the men approached him. He understood now. They were preventing traffic so that they can get him out via the air. Standing up he prepared to run. As he took several steps he noticed a red and blue figure descent from the sky. Two white webs shot out of the mans arms and grabbed the thugs guns. He pulled them free and then shot himself forward hitting them both with elbows. “And my girlfriend says watching wrestling numbs the brain!” the man said.

“My mother!” Max said “Please you have to help her!” he pleaded with Spider-Man.

Spider-Man stepped towards the kid’s mother and immediately jumped backward. The Helicopter overhead began to rain bullets down on him. He back flipped into a wall and shot off it into the air shooting his web a trail of bullets behind him. He swung to gain momentum and then jumped up onto the windshield of the helicopter. Webbing the top he then began to web the sides until he created an integrate circular web on the skylines. The webbing at the top of the vehicle had done its work clogging the rotor blades and bringing the vehicle to the stop. Turning he swung in a wide u straight into the open door kicking the two shooters who landed below on the web that held the helicopter up.

He flew back down to the kid. He examined the woman on the ground as the ambulances started to come. He could get her to safety quicker than them but, “Kid I don’t want to move her.” He said looking at her. The boy ran towards his fallen mother only to have Spider-Man grab him quickly. “Son we can’t move her.” The paramedics ran up and began to stabilize the woman. Another set brought up the stretcher. Very delicately they placed her on it taking the most care. “Which Hospital?” Spider-Man asked.

“Mercy West Hospital” The Paramedic said lifting up Max’s mother. They headed towards the ambulance as Spider-Man took off into the air holding the boy.

“We’ll meet you there.” Spider-Man flew with speed, but paused and started to slow his pace. He didn’t want to get there too far ahead of the ambulance. They arrived just as the ambulance was rounding the corner.

Spider-Man still held the boy tightly as they took his mother out and into the emergency room. Spider-Man stayed all night with Max until his mother moved from critical care and was put into a room. “Are you okay Max?” he said knowing the boys name. Everyone knew his name, and as if that weren’t true they would know as the media was blasting the event all over the television.

“No.” Max said turning away from his mother for a moment. “But it’s okay, you’ve done enough.”

Spider-Man squeezed his shoulders tightly, “I’ll come back and visit. I promise.” And Spider-Man jumped from the window...
Domani, forget domani
Let's live for now and anyhow who needs domani?
~ Frank Sinatra, Forget Domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Re: Captain America and the Boy from Brazil

Post by Cazzik »

Peter Wallace watched as Spider-Man left the hospital. He smiled slightly at the sight of the man. He had often wondered what it would be like to use his own.......talents to become a hero. He wasn't sure what he was, but both he and his parents guessed he was a mutant. A rather powerful one. They had always warned him to conceal his abilities and stay away from those who would exploit him. Which is why he wasn't running around in a costume or working for S.H.I.E.L.D. or Vanguard. He walked back into the hospital and spotted the boy still sitting down. He frowned slightly. He knew who Max was. In fact, most Americans did. He had been all over the news lately. Some believed him to be a mutant while others believed him to be on some kind of drug like the Mutant Growth Hormone. He had been having a tough time of late, and having his mother in the hospital obviously wasn't going to help him calm down.

Peter walked up to the vending machine and put a few dollars in. He picked up the two candy bars and walked over to Max. He took a seat next to him and handed the boy one of the items. He didn't say anything at all, just simply unwrapped his own candy bar and started eating it. He figured there wasn't a lot to say. He couldn't promise that Max's mom would be okay. He couldn't guarantee that life would get better. The only thing he could do was offer some comfort food and some company for a brief moment. His pager went off and Peter sighed. He needed to get back to his ambulance and hit the road again. He stood up and put his hand on Max's shoulder, "Hang in there. The doctors will do everything they can." The paramedic then turned away from his younger companion and walked away.

Ben Davis stood outside the National Security Building in Washington, D.C. with a slight hint of disgust on his face. This was the headquarters of Vanguard and he wasn't happy to be here. He hadn't liked the organization when Jackson Cole was running things. But since the man's murder someone else had taken over the office of the Director and Ben liked this new man even less. He rode the elevator up several stories before arriving on the correct floor. He walked past everyone else until he came to the secretary's desk, "I'm Ben Davis. I'm here for a meeting with Commander Grace." The woman nodded and motioned for him to enter the office behind her. As he walked in he saw the Vanguard Director standing in front of one of the large windows, obviously waiting for him.

Ben didn't care for Brian Grace and he knew the other man didn't care for him. Grace was one of the few other super soldiers in the world. He had helped create Vanguard and had even been a member of the Avengers for a time as a Captain America wannabe called Patriot, a name he still used when in the field. Brian wasn't the only super soldier in his family either. His cousin was a member of the Thunderbolts, the Vanguard premier super team, and went by the name American Dream. And his brother, Derek Sheppard, was a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. the last time he checked. Not to mention Sheppard was the previous Captain America until the mantle was passed on to Ben. Probably another reason Grace didn't like him. The director turned and looked at him. He didn't smile nor did he offer to shake the other man's hand, "Benjamin Davis."

Ben nodded his head slightly in an attempt at a greeting, "Commander Grace. Shall we get down to business?"

Grace's frown became even more prominent, "Let's get one thing clear, Davis. I was against bringing you in on this. I don't feel you are skilled enough to be Captain America and I don't believe you are the right candidate for this mission. However, when the President gives an order even I have to obey it."

Ben was not frowning. At least he had planned on being cordial with the other man. Clearly Grace had no intention of doing the same. "How about you just give me the mission and the intel and I'll get out of your office."

Commander Grace picked up a file and tossed it to Ben, "His name is Maximilian Von Prinz. I'm sure you have probably heard of him. He's a national athletic treasure and someone is trying to take him out of the picture. He needs a bodyguard while my agents attempt to figure out. The President chose you for the job," Grace gave a cocky little smile. "This'll be your first mission in the spotlight, won't it Davis?"

Ben turned around and headed out of the office, "Not all of us can be Avengers, Commander."
Last edited by Cazzik on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd like to nominate Cazzik for the Sexiest Man on Earth 2010." --Balsa

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

The boy sat beside his mother with his new masked friend sitting next to him. "It isn't your fault kid." Spider-Man said to the boy.

"They attacked my mother because of who I am." Maxwell replied. "How is this not my fault."

"Hydra are terrorist and extremists. They attacked your mother," Spider-Man began, "Because they are terrorists and extremists." He squeezed the boy tightly, "Not because you were her son."

"That isn't much comfort you know." Max said turning and gripping the masked man tightly. "It really isn't."

"I know it isn't." Spider-Man said. "But it is all I can do."

"You know," Max said, "I never really believed what the papers said about you. You are a good person." Julius stared at the boy a bit. He was around James age, his nephew, Spider-Boy. "I never really had any friends." He continued. "I was always training and..."

"Kid." Spider-Man interrupted. "We're friends. Always remember that."

"I will." Max said with a faint smile. "You got to go though." Max said looking at the time. Spider-Man always left at the same time every day.

"I can be late." Julius replied to the boy.

"Spider-Man can't be late." Max replied wiping the tears from his eye. "I'm okay."

Under the mask Julius smiled, "I know you are. You'll be just fine." Spider-Man moved to the window and jumped out grabbing his webbing. "You're a good kid." He said to himself as he vanished. "And they better treat you right...."
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

The cab pulled up outside of Mercy West Hospital. Ben pulled out his wallet and paid the driver, thanking him as he climbed out of the car. It was raining fairly hard, soaking his jacket as he stood on the sidewalk staring at the building. He had read the entire mission briefing several times. This would be his first encounter with the organization known as HYDRA. However, he had dealt with several terrorist cells in the past and they were all much more similar than any of them wanted to admit. He had opted to not wear his costume or bring his shield. At least not right now. The enemy didn't need to know that the boy was begin guarded by Captain America. As far as they were concerned he was just another Vanguard lackey. Which gave him an edge up currently.

He walked through the front doors and found one of the information desks. He flashed his government badge and requested to know where Max's mother was being held. The nurse examined the identification before directing him to the floor and room that she was in. He rode the elevator up, the whole time thinking about the boy he was to protect. He had never been assigned body guard duty before. This was something new to him having his primary focus be to keep someone else alive. He would not fail though. There was a reason he was selected to be the new Captain America. He stepped off the elevator into a long hallway. There were nurses and doctors hustling about. Clearly it was a busy hospital. He made his way to the proper room and stepped in just in time to watch Spider-Man vanish out the window. He felt a tiny smile tug at his face. This kid has more super powered protection than the President.

He walked over to the boy and knelt down beside him. He could tell that he had been crying and Ben's heart went out to him. No kid should have to go through what this boy had endured. He gave a sympathetic smile and spoke, "Max. My name is Ben Davis. I work for Vanguard. I'm here to keep you and your mom protected."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

The young man heard the intruder who had just walked into the room. Max turned and gave the man a insincere, but brave, smile. It quickly vanished from his face as a scowl appeared. "I'm a good athlete, a youth legend who is expected to do so many things." letting out a bit of a sigh he then added, "But people can't accept that. I have a terrorist organization out to destroy me and my family, I have the press determined to insist that no matter what tests are done I am a mutant or a drug user, and my mother probably isn't coming out of this coma she's in." Max said softly, "What is the point?" Shaking his head he then added, "Now I'm glad you're here to help with protection and all of that but honestly what does this entire situation tell us about society. Am I anymore important then the factory worker who gets mugged? And what of why I need protection." Looking away he stared back at his mother, "I never asked to be a national treasure, or an icon of hope, or whatever else they may call me. What is the point?"
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Ben smiled as he sat down next to the boy. "I'll be very honest with you, Max. To me, you aren't any more important than the factory worker. You aren't anymore important than anyone else. You're a person who deserves to live their life. And being alive is what matters. It gives you the chance to do something great. Make a difference to someone else. To me, thats the point. But most people need to figure out their own reason for going on."

Ben wasn't going to tell the boy that he was Captain America if he didn't have to. He wasn't a glory hog and had no real desire to be in the spot light. Therefore, no one needed to know who he was underneath the mask, "Trust me on this. There will be a lot of tragedy in your life. There was a lot in mine as well. All you can do is take a deep breath and keep moving forward. These experiences make you stronger as a person."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Smirking a bit at the mans advice Max took in a deep breath and then blew it out. "I still don't feel better." he said. After a brief pause he chuckled a bit weakly. "Well maybe a little." He coughed back a sip of water he took at the side of the bed. "so Mr. Davis," he asked in a hushed tone "Do you think we should really be at this hospital? I don't mean to be critical but the guys who came after me had helicopters and guns and all sorts of nasty things. I can't help but feel a little exposed." Standing up he walked over to the window. "Maybe I've watched too many movies and read too many comic books," he said. The truth was he had hardly seen any movies and never touched a comic, but out of those few movies he had seen the hero had always made a like comment to his. "but what is stopping them from just kabooming this window and flying up here and taking me and hurting my mother?" It was a valid concern brought on by bad television and entertainment programs.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Davis smiled. Max was correct. They were too exposed here. However, he was confident that he could defend both the boy and his mother from anything the terrorists could throw at them. But he needed to split them up, "We will be leaving momentarily. You need to say goodbye to your mother. She will be relocated to a secure Vanguard facility. You won't be able to visit her for some time. Not until this thing blows over."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Frowning Max prepared to object but then shut his mouth. "I'll still be able to call... I mean if she wakes up... right?" Ben gave the boy a nod. "And what about me?" his mind raced trying to beat his mouth to the punch. "I mean I have a busy schedule. I'm training for the Olympics in multiple sports. I have to train with my beach volleyball partner and then do diving practice and somewhere along the way I need to go to school...." An intake of breath followed. "Mom won't be happy when she wakes up if she finds me slacking off academically! Or in any area of my life." He put alot of emphasis on the word when in the sentence refusing to further admit to the possibility that his mother may not come out of the coma.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Ben stood up and walked over to the window where he stared out, almost not even realizing he was visually scanning the entire are within range. It had become common place for him; making sure he was completely aware of his surroundings at all times. He could tell Max was deeply concerned for his mother and didn't want to leave the woman. Unfortunately for Max, having him anywhere near her actually put her in far more danger than she would be in without him. His mother would be safe at the secure Vanguard facility. Max on the other hand needed to disappear. "You won't be able to call her for awhile. Not until we know this thing is done and over with."

He handed Max his jacket and waited for the teen to put it on. "If you try and contact her it will ruin the plan. Right now agents are escorting a boy posing as you out of the hospital. He will be taken to another facility. Hopefully your attackers will take the bait. Vanguard is making something of a subtle spectacle about it. You and I will be walking out the back, discreetly, and getting into a cab."

He pulled a worn, rolled up baseball cap out of his back pocket and tossed it to Max. "Put that on. We need to conceal your face as much as possible. Say goodbye to your mother, Max. We need to leave."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max didn't like leaving his mother, his only family. The boy didn't like that people were risking their lives for him, and really didn't like that he had to slink away like a wounded animal in the night. Whoever these people were they wanted him, and by all accounts wouldn't stop until they got to him. With a hat on his head and a sunglasses hiding his face he was escorted through the back halls of the hospital. All in all it was relatively inconspicuous, or at least as much as you could be without pulling some bad Hollywood trick with a faked transfer and a sheet over his head. Taking a deep breath he had to remember that this wasn't a movie. This was real life, and he was in real danger.

The door opened and the street lights flooded his vision. Sunglasses didn't help him in the dark of night, but at least there was no press or crazy assassins. Everyone was fooled by the decoy. The door was opened for the black SUV and he could hear the agents escorting the decoy over the radio in the vehicle. Everything seemed to be going well, and all the agents zones were clear, whatever that meant. As he got within two yards from the opened door a large bang echoed across the night. The radio erupted in dispatches, the front group was under attack. As the decoy got into the car some sort of strange direct energy beam struck it causing the entire vehicle to explode into a firefight. HYDRA had made their move. Ben quickly wrapped his arms around Max and grabbed him tightly jumping the both of them into the SUV which quickly darted down the road....

The snake slithered in the trees by the hospital watching the back entrance intently. It could smell its intended target with its strange and almost alien senses. Darting forward it hid behind the tire of an SUV as the target approached the vehicle. Lifting his head up he felt the undercarriage of the vehicle and gripped on holding for dear life just in time as an explosion blared in its sensitive receptors. As the vehicle started to move the snake knew its duty and released a pheromone, normally used for mating, but now used to show her mistress the way....

"What about the Decoy?" Max asked in horror. The driver had clicked the radio off to cut them off from a potential trace, or more likely to keep the boy from hearing the gory details. "Whats happening?"
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Ben didn't like this. Protective duty was not something he was used to. He was meant for the front lines. He was meant to face the enemies of America head on. Right now, he needed to remember that his top priority was getting Max to safety, "Everything will be fine. I need you to remain calm and remember to listen to my instructions exactly."

The SUV continued to flee the scene, with no apparent followers. Ben knew that the decoy was most likely dead, but he didn't need to tell Max that. The boy was smart, he probably already knew anyway. Davis was slightly upset that he hadn't brought his shield with him. It didn't matter. The shield didn't make Captain America. The man did. Ben told the driver to stop and let them out only a few short blocks away. Though the Vanguard agent looked confused he obeyed. The pair climbed out and Ben instructed the man to continue on to the safe house. He looked at Max as he flagged down a cab, "The safe house may have been compromised. I can't be sure. I'm taking you somewhere else until Vanguard comes up with a new plan."

As the cab drove on in the opposite direction of the safe house Ben pulled out a secure communication device and turned it on. It only had one channel and it only went to one person, "Grace, I have the boy with me. The plan has been compromised. I'm taking him elsewhere. When you and your boys come up with a new idea contact me."

The cab eventually stopped and the pair got out in front of a nice, uptown apartment building. Max looked quizzically at Ben and the older man motioned toward the door, "Its my apartment. You'll be safe here for now."

They took the elevator up to the third floor and Ben unlocked the door. The apartment was large and most of the room was utilized by gym equipment. It wasn't overly welcoming, but it didn't seem hostile either. It was a studio style layout with a single bathroom and a large, metal closet in it. The closet was locked. Ben walked over to the fridge and pulled out two waters, tossing one of them to Max, "I know the circumstances aren't exactly the best right now, but try to make yourself at home anyway."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Maxwell sat at the bottom of one of the exercise machines, a rowing one. The sweat was pouring off his nearly naked form. They hadn’t packed much for him and a simple pair of shorts was all he had that was suitable for working out. All night he had been awake, unable to sleep. The boy h ad traveled down the rabbit hole and came back out with a sense of despair and a grim determination. It was still early, and he had done his normal exercise routine twice now. Now he had ramped up the weight and was finishing his third round.

Frustrated he stood up and began to pace. He hated sitting around, doing nothing. People were dying, good people, innocent people, and he was expected to be a good little boy and hide while others took risks for him. Expected to sit in an apartment for the rest of his days disrupting his life, “I’m a god damned Olympic athlete!” he exclaimed out of nowhere. Shooting Ben a nasty he glare he then said, “I need to train for ten hours a day just to keep myself in shape, to keep my muscle memory intact so I can perform the way I’m supposed to!”

Walking towards the front door he slammed a fist lazily against the frame. As his fist hit the wall a loud knock echoed through the apartment. Curiously he looked at the door for a moment. He hasn’t hit the frame anywhere near loud enough for that. Several more knocks seconds later answered his question. Sighing he peered through the peek hole. “Hello!” the voice said. It was a woman in sweat pants and a short shirt wrapped tightly around her upper body exposing her naval. “Please help!” she said desperately. “I can’t find my little dog! He got loose have you seen him?”

Max quickly unlocked the door ignoring bens protests and flung it open to help the poor woman. It was a mistake. The minute he opened the door he was on his back. The woman had reached in with both hands and pushed while bringing her leg around behind his. The door slammed shut behind her as she firmly placed her foot against his chest. “Bang.” She said with her fingers posed as a gun. “You’re dead.” Remaining in place she looked over at his protector. “I am Katarina.” She said. “I have been assigned to track down leads while you protect the boy.” She looked down at him. “Maybe teach him to not open the door for the first set of heaving breasts yes?”
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

OOC: Hal, feel free to use Brian Grace as the one who sent Katarina to track down leads if you want.

IC:
Ben smiled slightly, just barely noticeable. Max had just been taught a valuable lesson in an embarrassing manner. It was a lesson that needed to be learned. He had noticed Max's impatience. The boy didn't like sitting around and doing nothing. However, what he needed to understand was that if he didn't do that now he may not be around later to train for the Olympics. He had a lot to learn about becoming a man. Max's attitude was not the only thing Ben had noticed. His attention was fully fixated on this new arrival; Katarina. Her English was excellent but he could still detect the faintest existence of a Russian accent. Apart from that her moves when entering the apartment and disabling Max were fluid and graceful. This woman was a professional and Ben could tell she was very good at what she did.

"I think you just taught him that for me, "Ben responded to the woman's statement. He casually moved closer to the locked metal closet on the wall. Though he didn't require the gear inside to defend himself or Max it would still provide a valuable advantage should this woman prove to be an enemy.

"My name is Ben. You have obviously just met Max. Tell me, who exactly sent you?" Ben was probing to make sure this woman was who she said she was. He also knew that someone with her level of training would pick up on it immediately. That was fine. It didn't matter as long as he discovered if she was truly an ally or not. He hoped Max was able to pick up on his tone as well, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. The boy's impulsiveness and impatience was a serious dampener to any combat oriented abilities he had the potential to learn. He needed discipline. If Katarina was on their side and indeed succeeded in her mission to track down those responsible for the attacks then perhaps Ben would get the chance to teach Max a thing or two.

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

"Brian Grace." Katarina said softly extending her hand to the boy. Helping him off the ground she walked further into the apartment, her hand still on his wrist leading him away from the door and windows. "Sit." She commanded and pointed at a nearby couch. The boy obeyed. "My mission is to find and eliminate those who are responsible for putting the bounty on your head and ending this nightmare once and for all." She looked at Ben and smiled, "His job is to protect you, mine isn't. The fact that what I do helps you is incidental." Giving the boy a visual once over she smiled in a real friendly manner before throwing out her scathing comment. "I don't see what is so special about him."

"Just the best athlete to ever have competed." Max shot back.

He was about to say more when the woman bent over at the waist and put a finger over his lips silencing him. "I understand that." She said moving her hands across his chest taking mental measurements. Gloved hands reached up the enthralled boys body towards his hair where she ruffled his blond feathers. Her left hand lifted revealing a hair which she put in a bag over his head so that he didn't notice. "I meant what the girls say about you." She walked away towards the window and threw the shades closed, "I mean sure you're handsome, but the most handsome guy in the world?" Turning she winked at Ben, "Well I just don't know about that." Moving around she sat down on the couch next to Max. "We could have some fun though." she laughed before continuing, "Once you grow up a little."

The window burst open suddenly. Katarina hadn't been followed, but she wasn't sure about a van that was parked outside when she arrived. They probably thought she was moving the boy and decided to move now. Sticking her hand out, over Max, she pushed her body back and toppled the couch backward. The two landed on their back as the couch protected them from glass and other debris. Katarina shot up and charged at the window as several people appeared bursting through it. She punched a man and began shooting a strange looking wrist device. As she shot a man his body inflated increasing his size. throwing a punch at the large man. He blocked and riposted breaking the wall as the woman glided away.

Two girls, maybe Max's age, stood staring at him. "Right." Max said balling his fists up and getting ready for a fight. Arms expanded and flew towards him from the blond girl. Jumping back and to the side he watched as the rope like arms smashed into a table breaking it. "Holy...." he never finished his sentence as a beam of green light flew towards him. He rolled to avoid the strike and stood up once more. Next to the blond was a dark haired girl with tanned skin. She had shot a beam of energy at him, her body oozed sensual tan skin as she started to perform some sort of strange and hypnotic dance. The dance became faster and faster and Max couldn't help but stare. Hands extended she shot a beam a again.

A leg kicked into Max's shins knocking him over onto the ground just before the beam could hit. Katarina smiled at him as the now giant man charged her again. "How you feeling Max?"

"I feel strangely attracted to lizard girls." He said sarcastically rolling on his side to dodge blows from the girls extended arms.

"Serpent Society!" the two girls corrected at once....
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Ben immediately jumped into action. The invaders were quick and they were clearly here for Max. Ben, and obviously Katarina, weren't going to let them take the boy. As he moved in to assist his companions a man intercepted him just as he heard the twin girls yell something about the Serpent Society. Made sense as he watched his opponent slither in to prevent him from helping the others. He judged the distance to the locker that held his weapons. He wouldn't be able to get to it before his opponent got to him. It made little difference. Ben Davis was a living weapon. He was a soldier and combatant with few rivals and these snakes were about to learn that first hand, "Stand down and leave the boy alone. Before you get hurt."

The man grinned, "Its going to take a lot more than some Vanguard lackey to hurt the Cobra!"

Davis felt a twinge of a smile at the corner of his mouth. These type of men were always the cockiest. They thought no one could touch them. And for some reason they always felt the need to refer to themselves in the third person. Cobra made a swift lunge at Ben. Years of training took over. His enhanced musculature allowed him to dodge the attack with relative ease. His enemy was quick, but so was he. He landed a powerful blow to the Cobra's chest. The man hit the ground hard but immediately jumped back to his feet. Ben frowned. That kick would have shattered a normal man's ribs. Clearly Cobra was much more resilient than he had anticipated.

His enemy's lips curled into a triumphant grin. Cobra opened his mouth and a stream of toxic venom shot out at Ben. The soldier narrowly avoided the unexpected assault. Ben dodged two more similar attacks, the last of which hit his locker just as he had gotten to it. He back flipped away as the Cobra rammed his powerful body against the metal closet. Ben smiled as Cobra lifted the locker over his head and threw it at the hero. It hit Ben in the chest and both the locker and the man flew through the window. The glass shattered everywhere as Davis vanished from sight. Cobra laughed hysterically, "I told you it would take more than a Vanguard punk to take me on!"

His laugh was cut short as a large, disk-like weapon connected with Cobra's head. The villain hit the wall before falling to the ground. As he shook the attack off he looked up to see a man standing in the window that he had thrown his last enemy out of. It was a sight he had not at all expected to see. There stood Captain America, shield in hand. Ben glared at his opponent, "Let's see if you can handle me."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Max watched the sight as best he could while dodging the serpentine arms of the two girls in front of him. the realization that Ben was Captain America struck him like a lightning bolt causing him pause. Staring at his long time hero the boy finally snapped out of it when he heard, "Who do you like better?" Anaconda was talking to Asp. "This boy, or Iron Fist?"

Dancing her hypnotic dance the woman smiled and shot a beam of energy at the boy. Max jumped and dodged performing an acrobatic flip in air. "Both are appealing." Asp said.

Anaconda rushed in her arms flailing in a perfect pattern to try and ensnare the youth. "I like him just fine." She said. As her arms wrapped around the helpless boy. He tried to wrangle his way out of the grip but slowly found the air forced from his lungs as he was pulled in close to the girl. "Keep resisting..." She whispered as he got closer. "More fun for me."

"Pretty boys." Asp said rolling her eyes. "That's why I prefer Iron Fist. He can handle himself."

"So can I!" Max said thrusting his head forward and hitting the girl right in her jaw. The girl shot backwards letting go of her grip. Her arms shot around and wreaked destruction on various appliances and furnishing within the apartment. From the corner of his eye he show Katarina shoot a leg out kicking one of the girls. "We need to get out of here!" The woman said as a strange saucer like object hovering outside the window came into view. "Great." She said seeing the serpent society all jump to the ground. The woman threw her body over Max's as a rain of strange projectiles burst through the remaining glass of the windows and started shattering wooden furniture and walls. "We are leaving!" the woman said with a frown.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Captain America charged his opponent and easily dispatched him. He wielded his shield with such fluid precision that it almost appeared to be an extension of his own body. Cobra never stood a chance. The agent of the Serpent Society was unconscious on the floor within moments. Cap turned in time to see Katarina save Max from impending doom. Her voice, even in its concerned state, was soothing, "We are leaving!"

Ben nodded his head, "Agreed." The super soldier threw his shield with such skill that it landed a powerful blow to every enemy in the room before returning to him. As the Serpents attempted to recover from the daze that had overtaken them the patriotic hero turned his attention to Katarina. "Take the lead. Get Max out of here. I'm right behind you."

OOC: Short but at least its a post. :)

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Katarina burst through the door, Max in her arms, and ran down the stairs. Turning she displaced the boy behind her and stared up the hallway. As Captain America ran past her she threw a cluster of small round objects onto the ground. Max waited for an explosion sealing the hallway behind them with flame but nothing happened. "What was that?" He said as the woman grabbed him and started running down the hallway.

"Proximity bomb!" She said, "If they follow the devices will explode like a flash bang blinding and disorienting them while the gas fills the area and knocks them out."

"A knock out bomb?" Max asked with a smirk.

"Essentially." Katarina responded as they reached the door. The explosion of the devices could be heard behind them. "Works every time." She said with a smile. A small convertible sports car sat in the street. The woman slid over the hood jumped into the drivers seat. "C'mon." She said. Max quickly jumped into the front as Captain America sat in the back his shield better able to protect the others if there was pursuit. After several minutes of high speed driving it was clear they weren't being followed. "I need to take you two somewhere off the grid." She said with a smile turning the wheel and turned down an alley. A group of old abandoned warehouses slowly came into view. "We can hid here." She said. "One of the warehouses has been refurbished with a television, couches, beds, everything we need to operate."

"You did all that?" Max said astonished.

"Sure kid." Katarina replied. "Once there we can plan our next move." They arrived and it was exactly as promised. A loft over the main floor had all the amenities as a hotel room. It overlooked the warehouse, with another similar loft situated on the other end of the building. Both were symmetrical and followed the other parallel from one side of the building to another. "Just don't leave this side of the warehouse." Katarina said.

"Why? Who's over there?" Max replied.

"Just be thankful we have a place to hide." The boy pouted and sat on the couch looking at the television. Katarina walked over to Captain America and gave him a little wink. "So when do we hit back?" She asked in a soothing tone. "When do we end this harassment once and for all?"
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Ben had lowered his cowl and set his shield down on a nearby table. His identity was known by Katarina and Max so it made little sense to him to keep the mask in place. He was looking around the loft when the woman turned her attention his way, "So when do we hit back? When do we end this harassment once and for all?"

It was a good question. So far, he had only been tasked with protecting the boy, not hunting down his attackers. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be helping much. The Serpent Society came for him yet again. Ben had read reports on the Serpents before. They weren't exactly masterminds of any kind. They were guns for hire; mercenaries. Someone was pulling their strings; giving them orders. Ben and Katarina needed to know who it was and what they wanted. He was sure they hadn't been followed to the warehouse and he needed to make sure that this place remained a secret, "We can't hit back until we know who to hit. The Serpent Society are just a bunch of thugs. Someone else is giving them orders. That's the person we need to find."

Ben looked around before turning back to Katarina, "I need a secure line out of this place. You have one?"

She smiled and gave a look that implied a stupid question had just been asked. Tossing him an encrypted phone she took a seat and watched him. Ben dialed the number, "Ethan. It's Ben Davis. I need a favor."

Four Hours Later

Ben and Katarina stood by the car outside a diner. They were a good fifteen miles from the warehouse and had done an in depth perimeter check before they left. Max was still in the loft. They felt it best to leave him behind in case they were discovered while away. It would be easier to fight off any enemies without worrying about the boy. It was clear that Katarina wasn't thrilled with bringing in another person, but she hadn't been openly hostile towards the idea either.

As they waited they saw numerous people enter and exit the diner. Mostly truckers. They were definitely outside the city. The gorgeous woman broke the silence first, "So how do you know this guy?"

Ben didn't look at her. Instead he kept staring at the open road, waiting to catch a glimpse of his ally, "His name is Ethan Cross. I've worked with him before. He used to be an agent for Vanguard. He has some talents that will come in handy for us."

They both watched as the motorcycle cruised into the parking lot. It rolled up in front of the car before stopping. The man that climbed off had short brown hair and wore a brown leather jacket over a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He took his sun glasses off and set them on the seat of his bike. He approached and shook Davis' hand, "It's good to see you, Ben."

Captain America nodded, "Likewise." He motioned towards their female companion, "Ethan Cross, this is Katarina."

Ethan gave a slight smile as he openly eyed the woman's figure, "Nice to meet you, Red."

Katarina rolled her eyes in response. Ethan smile, however, did not vanish. Ben interrupted the moment, "So what did you find?"

The other man turned his gaze to Davis, "I went to your place like you asked. It's trashed by the way. I didn't find much in the way of why they were after the kid. However, I did find out who it is. Or at least another player."

He handed a ripped document over to Ben who immediately recognized the symbol stamped in red at the bottom. He frowned as he showed Katarina. Her beautiful green eyes narrowed, "Hydra."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

The Black Widow climbed the wall using the suction cups built into her suit. The group had traveled to a suspected Hydra base of operations. Katarina wondered about leaving the boy alone, but ignored her gut instinct. Information was more important, and if they were able to neutralize the threat there would no longer be any need for them to protect and hide him. In either event it seemed obvious that as long as the boy didn't leave the safehouse or do anything equally as stupid he'd be okay. There was a warehouse outside of New York which, if intelligence was to be believed, hosted a number of underground tunnels connecting to laboratories and mainframes. If there was information to be had on why Hydra was after the boy this would be the place to look.

Looking through one of the slitted top windows she could see the green and yellow clad guards. The Widow watched as more of the terrorists walked in. "It's a rally, Viper or Madame Hydra presiding." She said noticing the stage and a woman in green stood on it flanked by a man hooded in a dark cloak. "We have Grim Reaper present." Katarina knew that the man's arm contained a deadly blade. There were other super-villains as well, a man in a parka with large tubes that Katarina knew was filled with water, and another who wore a green armor with a helmet the shape of a bullet. "Confirming Blizzard and Whirlwind on site as well." They should have brought backup, but now was not the time. According to their files Whirlwind and Blizzard weren't true believers. Katarina doubted they would stick around long after the fighting started, probably paid thugs or in it for some personal gain, the minute it became apparent that they wouldn't triumph they would leave.

"We have struck a blow today! Today we have found our target, and soon the mightiest of us shall be revived! HAIL HYDRA!" Viper yelled.

"HAIL HYDRA!" the assembled group yelled. The grim reaper stood by silently watching.

"And now comes the vessel!" Katarina watched curiously as the serpent society walked in holding a tied up Max.

"We have a problem." Katarina said, "They got Max!" The serpent society handed the boy over as reaper handed them a suit case. They left as quickly as they came, thank goodness for small mercy's. The boy was brought up to an alter with a machine around them.

"And now to introduce my father." The woman said lifting a red crystal skull above her head. "Soon the Red Skull shall return to life in this perfect vessel!"

"Move in now!" Katarina said heedless of anything but the boys life. The others probably weren't in position yet, but it didn't matter. The Black Widow jumped down bursting the window open as she fell to the earth. She landed on the warehouse floor with all the grace of a cat and stared intently at the stage. "The boy is with me bitch." She said staring at Madame Hydra.

"Get her!" Viper yelled. The Hydra terrorists starting firing at the woman as she ran toward the stage. Her gauntlets fired bursts at the various guards until finally she was within striking distance of the Viper herself. The Widow jumped vaulting off the stage and swung a fist. She was intercepted by the blade of the Grim Reaper....
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

As the Grim Reaper's blade sliced through the air on its way to the Widow it was suddenly intercepted and thrown off course. The blade cut into the concrete floor as the Reaper looked up to see what had altered his weapon's course. A titanium arrow was sticking out of a nearby wooden pillar. Both Black Widow and Grim Reaper spotted the projectile and then turned in unison to see the marksman that had fired it; Ethan Cross. The archer gave a short nod at Katarina and then turned his gaze to the horde of Hydra thugs that were now attempting to either swarm the heroes or protect their master.

Cross watched as both Blizzard and Whirlwind engaged Captain America in combat. He grinned. Even with their powers they were no match for the super soldier. Ethan had encountered some master fighters in his time as a soldier and an agent of Vanguard but he had yet to see anyone that could rival Ben Davis' abilities. Not even the Director of Vanguard, Brian Grace, could match Davis in combat. He knew he didn't need to help Cap just as he was certain Black Widow could handle the dangerous Grim Reaper. What Cross needed to do was keep the minor foot soldiers at bay and rescue the kid.

He raised his bow and quickly fired several shots. A localized explosion erupted in every spot an arrow landed. Hydra guards were thrown in several different directions. Others ran for cover and some even turned and attempted to escape. The grin returned to Cross' face. Clearly his explosive tipped arrows were a success. As the guards began regrouping he quickly collapsed his bow and hooked it to his holder on his back. He took out two of the thugs with well placed punches as he made his way to the platform where Max was being held. As he grew closer he pulled two identical hand guns from their holsters and began firing. Instead of bullets however, small, electrified darts zipped through the air and incapacitated every person they hit.

He took another step toward the platform. He was almost there. Only a couple more bad guys and he would rescue the kid and their team would not only foil Hydra's plans but they would take down those in charge of the organization. His smile vanished quickly as a massive brute stepped in to intercept his path. The man was well over seven feet tall and his gargantuan muscles were more than visible beneath his black t-shirt. Ethan took several steps backwards as he recognized the individual before him. The man's name was Trent Cooper but he was better known as Titan. He was a mutant powerhouse with super strength and invulnerability. The man had even managed to rip the armor off of Iron Man at one point.

Titan grinned down at Cross, "Go ahead, Robin Hood. Take your best shot."

Halcyon508

Post by Halcyon508 »

Katarina continued her dangerous dance with the Grim Reaper throwing punch after punch and shooting her widows bite. Each electric discharge was met by a swinging blade which prevented their impact on the man. Out of the corner of her eye she could see a device being brought out and Viper affixing the skull to it. The green clad woman was moving the large device towards the boy who was bound to a table spread eagle in preparation for... what? She had said something reviving the mightiest of them. Oh no...

There was no time to waste, she quickly feigned an attack to put the reaper on the defensive before jumping back and flipping onto the stage. The Reaper was following her as she leaped onto the stage and kicked the machine knocking it over. Viper dodged the falling machinery and quickly jabbed at the Widow. The Reaper approached, arms up ready to slice down, when the widow sensed an opening and fired both her widows bite wrist launchers at the man hitting him in the stomach and knocking him over. She lifted up a food and kicked backwards throwing viper aside. With a smooth movement she mounted Max and started working on his bindings. "What did I tell you not to do?" She said as he tied his arms.

"Not to go outside or take a walk." The boy replied.

"And what did you do?" Katarina asked.

"I went outside and took a walk...."

His hand was freed just as Viper approached and Widow kicked her before rolling over Max's body. "You can get the rest right?" She asked as the Reaper aproached and took a mighty swing at her.
Domani, forget domani

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

Blizzard and Whirlwind lay unconscious on the floor. Aside from them there were several other HYDRA soldiers strewn about in the immediate vicinity, all of which had met the end of Cap's shield. None of them had posed a real threat, not even as a collective fighting force. They had not been trained to fight together, and he had used that to his advantage. He hoisted his shield up and turned to examine the battleground. He saw several other HYDRA personnel either unconscious or fleeing from the skirmish. Max had been unbound thanks to the Widow. Unfortunately, the Grim Reaper was still attempting to give her a difficult time.

Before rushing to her assistance Ben turned his attention to Cross, who was engaged in battle with the mutant known as Titan. The super soldier frowned. Both of his allies would benefit from his help, however, he had full confidence in the Widow's ability to take down someone like Grim Reaper. Cross, on the other hand, would definitely need help with a powerhouse like Titan. Captain America smiled slightly as he lifted his shield and threw it with all of his might. The circular weapon hit Grim Reaper in the back of the head, throwing him forward and forcing him to hit the ground. In unison, Ben rushed toward Titan, leaping into the air and catching his shield on its return just in time to plant the weapon directly into Titan's face, sending the mutant backwards into the wall. Cap landed and nodded at Cross to continue his assault. He turned back to look at Katarina, "Whenever you're finished up over there we would definitely benefit from your help, Widow!"

He turned around and rolled out of the way as Titan crashed forward, slamming his powerful fists into the ground where Captain America had been. Cross unleashed a volley of explosive-tipped arrows. Flames erupted all over the mutant as they found their mark. Titan roared in anger and turned around to make another assault on the two heroes. At the same time Cap noticed several more HYDRA soldiers moving in to retake Max. Ben frowned and dodged Titan's blow, pulling a watch-like device from his utility belt and tossing it to to the boy, "Max! Put it on and activate it! It'll help keep you safe."

The device was actually an energy shield in the likeness of the original Captain America's triangular shaped weapon. It was an exact replica of the original shield, despite its slight transparency. It was also the first weapon given to Ben during his military training after receiving the Super Soldier Serum. It was a powerful tool and it would help to protect Max during this battle. He turned his attention to Titan and watched yet another volley of arrows bombard the mutant. He charged Titan and brought his shield up hard, hitting the villain under the chin in an uppercut type fashion. As Titan stumbled backwards Cap dropped to the ground and swung both legs around hitting Titan in the back of the knees. The mutant hit the ground on his back, cracking the cement underneath. As Captain America and Ethan Cross took a defensive stance, Titan began climbing back to his feet. Ben frowned and narrowed his eyes. Ethan's voice rang out, "Seriously, Red! We could use some help over here, gorgeous!"

Cazzik
Dark Lord of the Grill

Post by Cazzik »

NOTE: This is a brief summary of the events as they would have happened had we roleplayed the rest of this thread. This is a wrap up and ending in order to move characters along into new adventures.

Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were all able to defeat and capture Titan, Blizzard, Whirlwind, and the Grim Reaper. All four villains now reside in Blackwell Prison under Vanguard supervision. They rescued Max and kept him out of harms way for the remainder of the adventure. The group tracked Madame Hydra and the Red Skull to another facility where they very nearly captured the villains. However, their assault was halted by the appearance of a very skilled and deadly mercenary sent by Baron Zemo, the Red Skull's ally. The man wore a black and orange full body combat suit that made it impossible to identify him. He went by the name Reaper. He moved and fought like Captain America, leading the group to believe he was a Super Soldier. Between the three of them they were able to fend of his attacks and drive him away, but not able to capture him. The Reaper managed to keep Red Skull and his daughter from being captured but the team took out several installations and jailed many more Hydra operatives. For the time being the organization no longer posed a threat to Max.

Mir
KING OF STRONG STYLE

Post by Mir »

Locked as per request.
Everyone knows "Pops and Junior = #Ratings"
Everyone knows "Cazzik and Mir = #Wynning"
#Valkob4Life

Your Reigning, Defending EFL Champion
2x EFL Champion (2014, 2017)