Commanding Officer

Takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin
Tales and stories set during the events of Episodes 4-6...

Moderators: VagueDurin, Nichalus

Lord of the Knights who say Nee

Commanding Officer

Post by PrinceKirin »

ooc: This thread is closed unless you ask me on the OOC THREAD. I am not looking actively for rpers on this thread. If you have comments please take them to the ooc thread. NO non IC posts are to be made here. Thank you. I hope you all enjoy reading my little story.

IC:

In orbit over an isolated planet deep with in a neglected part of the outer rim, sat a rebel Mon Calamari Cruiser. The large craft sat in a low orbit over the near desert planet as shuttles and other small craft ran between the two bringing supplies. For many days the ship had been bartering and trading with the locals on the surface for needed supplies. The small surface space port was located near several mines and industrial centers making it a good supply center for heavy machinery and the sort.

The cruiser, known as the Thor, had not seen another rebel craft in 4 months. The imperial task force assigned to the area had efficiently kept the Thor isolated in a group of systems but had not been able to locate the ship itself. Imperial Task Force 219 was under command of Commador Hasek, an older man who had turned down a higher rank many times, a man who was fond of the small ship group actions, a skirmisher. For the past several months his orders were simple, prevent the Thor from escaping and destroy her with the ISD, strike cruiser, two nebulons-b frigates, and four corvettes that were put at his disposal.

In command of the Thor is a man named Captian Morrison, another older man, but one who once served the Emperor, a traitor to the Empire. The excecutive officer, a man called Pops by the crew, was a very old man who went by the name Embry, he too was once an Imperial officer. His junior officer, a Lieutenant Commander Zebulon Hawk, was young and bright. A naval geniuos of sorts, though he was yet very young and not experianced in any real naval actions. He stands as the third in command of the Thor.

As the Thor docked its last support craft, an Imperial corvette dropped from hyperspace on the opposite side of the planet. Niether detected each other as the were on opposite sides. The corvette came about and orbited a moon which supported a tiny Imperial science lab which required re-supplying. As this occured, the Thor also broke orbit and headed to its jump point, on the far side of the moon.

The two met first with scanners then with visual. The Corvette transmitted a signal to the 219th who would be there in no time, but not in time to save the corvette from destruction. The Thor jumped as the 219 exited and thus the chase of the Thor began.
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
----------------------------------------
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies

Post by PrinceKirin »

0900 Hours; Aboard the Thor; Officers Mess

Lieutenant Mary Xanen sat across from Lieutenant Commander Zebulon Hawk talking about many things, not the least of which were her studies....all of them. As they talked, they also ate the small breakfast provided to them. Well cooked and seasoned of course, they were officers and not just enlisted men.

"I don't believe you take my studies seriously, Zeb." Mary said.

"On the contrary, I take full interest in your studies." Zeb was almost sarcastic.

"Even the digs on Kile II?" She questioned his sincerity.

"Especially those. I liked the part where the Imps found out we were rebels, that part really humored me." He smiled at her.

"That little disaster wasn't my falt. Had you not been spying on that space port......" she said accusingly but was cut off by Zeb.

"Hey, it wasn't spying! It was...uh.....an observational study of achetecture and culture of a standard Imperial Space Port." He joked.

"Ha, your just mischievous for an officer."

"Maybe, but as much as you?" He said.

She starred back confused.

"I found that little notebook you dropped on the bridge." He continued.

Mary's eyes got big.

"It appears that you have included in you studies the study of the RA Lieutenant Commander, paticularly one named Zeb." He finished

Mary turned completely red, she didn't know she had lost the book or that Zeb would find out. With almost no thought, she recovered quickly.

"So.....are you going to ask to marry me or what?" She retorted.

This caught Zeb by surprise, he reddened, but before he could respond he heard the Captain's voice.

"Captain on deck!" he yelled causing everyone to go to their feet.

"At ease!" Morrison yelled, "Eat don't stand. Zeb, I need you on the bridge. Well...come on now, we don't have time to dilly dally." He said as he exited.

"Sorry marry, we'll have to continue this later." Zeb said as he rushed off.

Mary stirred her bowl of soup and muttered, "He got away again...."

Meanwhile, Zeb caught up with the Captain in the corridor but both were silent. Zeb's mind was on Elizabeth, his girlfriend. He had loved Mary first and Elizabeth second. With only Mary on board, he had began to grow from Elizabeth and seemed forced to make an old dicision again, this time a permanent one. His face showed his discontent with the situation.

The captain glanced at him then said, "Zeb, a man with many loves will not be promoted."

Zeb turned to look at him. The captain smiled saying, "I heard the admiral say that once."

Zeb shook his head as they reached the bridge. Captain Morrison had already gotten all his senior officers on the bridge as well.
"Yeah, and I stole an ISD. Doesn't mean you should. I am the lunitic around here." LT. CMDR. KIRIN A. TSUKINO
"What? Where in God's vast galaxy are you going to find a man crazy enough to even attempt to jump a moon into hyperspa.....where do I sign?"

FORGE ATOSURYUA, Promethian Engineering Guild, department of hyperspacial physics and temporal studies

Post by PrinceKirin »

Captain Morrison spoke aloud to all the officers on the bridge. Every man rating O-2 and higher was present.

"Hey, I know this tour of duty has been quite an adventure. To tell you the truth this kicks the tail of anything else I've ever done. But right now is not the time to play and goof off. Right now, as we speak, the Empire has deployed to hunt us down and worse, we are cornered. Our only chance is to trick the Empire into thinking we went to a different system thus allowing us to slip out and back to home base and the safty of the fleet. Comments?"

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Just one Captain, how do youpropose we do that?"

"At three of the surrounding systems are asteroid fields big enough to hide in. We will send three shuttles to each, at the first sign of a scout, the shuttle will zoom into the field. They will assume the suttle is a sentry and the field will be searched. We on the other hand, will make way for system Citi Yaga IV, where we will wait for three hours. At that time we will simply hyperjump out of harms way."

"That sounds like suicide, Captain. What lunitics is going to fly the shuttles?"

"I will, lieutenant. And any others who volunteer."

"I can't let you do that!" THe XO broke in.

Post by PrinceKirin »

"Its not negotiable. I will go and if you argue I will confine you to quarters until this ships makes it back to freindly space." The captain said.

"I volunteer!" The comm officer yelled out.

"That covers all the officers I need for this mission. The rest of you return to your stations. This will begin shorty."

"I must portest sir!"

"Look, this is MY ship and you are MY crew. I've been dodging imps for years and I know how to do it. I will not put the ship in danger, I will get it out. Dismissed executive officer!" Morrison scolded feircly.

Zeb, now realizing how dangerous the situation was, went back to the bridge to make systems checks before the mission got under way.

Post by PrinceKirin »

Morrison was in the shuttle bays shortly after the meeting. He examined each shuttle one by one, attempting to decide on the shuttle he'd take. After several minutes, he had found the shuttle he searched for. An old lambda in equally aged condition.

He boarded and began check proceedures.

Meanwhile, Captain Embry, second in command of the Thor, began making his own orders.

"Set course bearing 150, mark 6. Helm, hold steady until I say other wise. Navigation, prepare a course of hyper jumps, ending finally at Citi Yaga IV." Embry ordered.

"Aye Aye, Pops." They bridge crews responded, using the XO's nickname.

Zeb stepped forward, as second officer, and built onto the orders. "Inform all section that they will kill all lights. Emergency red lights only, ship wide. All systems are to be deactivated, excluding primary operation. Rig for silent running. We may need to hid a bit."

"Aye sir!"

Pops smiled, "Skipper has taught you well, Zeb. I see you've been paying attention. Me, I'm too poor to pay attention. Thats why I'm still an XO."

The bridge crew laughed at the joke. It was good to have humor in a tense situation of any kind.